Our COVID-19 Curbside Protocol
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, we are transitioning to a modified curbside service until further notice. Face masks (that cover nose and mouth) are required whenever interacting with a West Chelsea team member or when inside our building, despite vaccination status. We are implementing these protocols to keep everyone safe.
We ask anyone with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, that’s traveled within the last 2 weeks, or that may have been exposed to someone with these symptoms or another infectious respiratory disease (ex. Influenza) to please stay home.
If your pet needs care for an illness or injury and you fall into one of these categories, please call our office so that we can devise a plan to safely see your pet without risking anyone’s health.
Modified Curbside Service Procedure Options:
- If you choose to make a full curbside appointment and would like us to only bring your pet into West Chelsea while you remain outside the facility, please let our Client Care Representatives know when booking your appointment.
- Call 212-645-2767 when you arrive for your scheduled appointment to check-in by phone.
- If you don’t have a cell phone, please notify our team when you schedule your appointment so alternative arrangements can be made.
- Once the assistant or licensed veterinary technician (LVT) assigned to your appointment has everything ready, they will meet you in front of West Chelsea to help escort your pet to an exam room.
- If you would like to enter West Chelsea with your pet for their scheduled appointment it will be required to stand outside the exam room while the doctor cares for your pet. This way you can be present during the exam in a safe socially distanced manner. Only 1 owner may enter the hospital during an office visit.
- If a pet is scheduled for a Euthanasia, 1 family member will be able to be present in the room. Face masks are required.
Medication & Pet Food Pick-Up
If you need to pick up medication or pet food, please call our office. Once the request has been authorized and filled, someone from our team will contact you to take payment over the phone. We will have your items and receipt prepared and ready to go for pick up to limit exposure time.
We can also have medication or pet food delivered to your home from our online pharmacy, please call and speak with one of our team members.
Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot offer postal delivery service. Messenger Service is available in emergency situations for medication only. Food cannot be sent via messenger. There is a charge associated with this service. Please ask one of our Client Care Representatives if you need help with this service.
We appreciate your understanding, patience, and cooperation during these challenging times.
Est. 1997 | New York City
Your trusted vetin West Chelsea
Welcome to West Chelsea Veterinary, a top-notch medical center for pets in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, established in 1997.
Excellent and well-run practice. Every vet we’ve dealt with there has been very thorough and I feel like my dogs are getting the very best care!
Look inside our veterinary hospital
Take a virtual tour of our hospital, or visit us in person! You can rest assured that our building is handicap-accessible, with an elevator at the ground level and an ADA-compliant bathroom.